Monday, October 3, 2011

The battle between samurai and ninja

The beginning of October brought about a very pleasant weekend! On Saturday Kevin and I went shopping in Kofu and discovered this really awesome consignment store that sold a little of everything! I bought adorable new boots, a tokidoki purse and a professional tripod for only about $20! It was really fun and I got to eat pizza and Subway at the Aeon mall!

Then on Sunday, Rhee’s parents came to visit for the weekend, and I had a fun time playing tour guide and driving about Fujiyoshida with them! I thought at first that the weather was going to be no good but we were at least able to see Fuji san and the clouds parted every now and then for some sunshine. We began at Fuji sengen shrine which is one of my favourites, as mentioned before and again before that XD, and the sun was doing its best to stream through the cedars, and warm us up as we walked along the path of lanterns.


 

Next we went to this little village in the hills where Rhee and I had only been once and it was very briefly. This time, and actually paying the entry fee, we wandered about a thatched roofed village and admired Fuji from a distance, browsed art (I bought an amazing painting on homemade paper), ate warm curry buns and caramel pudding ice cream and played dress up! I dressed as a ninja and Rhee as a samurai and then we went outside all geared up and had a show down in the grass! It was so much fun and silly and we all this attention on us for being the gaijin samurai and the gaijin ninja! We gained a small following the bid us farewell much later as they left XD. Out of my element, ninja do not fight in broad daylight, I wasn’t much match for an armored Rhee and then just when I thought it couldn’t get worse another samurai shot us both! In good style, we both got up and attacked together and one, but Rhee not following samurai code at all turned on me as soon as she had done away with him! Way too amusing! But… I thought it was all in fun, but looking at the pictures now, Rhee looked fierce! XD!



 

 




Anyways, from then we spent the afternoon hunting down good shots of Fuji. We went to the site where the picture for the 1000 yen note was taken; but, it didn’t turn out so good… In the end we returned to Arakura shrine where I finally got my summer picture and some great shots of the pagoda at the top of the hill at sunset. Afterwards it was a brief stop at Oshino Village and then to dinner where I had pretty fantastic lasagna and a mango parfait!


 


Now back at school I have a pretty fun month ahead of me. Most of school want me to do Halloweeny stuff all month! ^_^ And this weekend coming up is another long one so Rhee and I are going to Kanazawa! Then in two weeks Nikki comes again and we have plans to go to a concert I have been waiting nearly six months for!!! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment