Monday, June 17, 2013

Of cherries and roses

So now its summer which mean long hot humid days and intermittent rain because rainy season is on its way. So for the first sort of  day of summer we went to Kofu to do some cherry picking much like we did in Yamagata last year. It was as awesome and delicious for all-you-can eat cherries and I won the record of us four (me, Sheena, Laura and Kelly) with 51 cherries eaten in 40 minutes. But Sheena one the record for most in the mouth at 11 or maybe it was more... anyways I just made it to 10. It was awesome.

 


 

Next we went to this place past Nirasaki called Hiedi's village which was based on the folk story and a bit strange except the roses were gorgeous. We walked through the longest tunnel of roses in Japan apparent. My favourite were the pink ones and I wore the perfect outfit to blend in. The rest of the park was nice too with some irises, water lilies and I saw a lizard.


 



As the best thing to do after a trip in the Kofu basin is a trip to the Aeon mall. We finished off the day there with pizza and Subway!

No comments:

Post a Comment