Friday, April 1, 2011

Settling in

My first impression of Otsuki was that is was beautiful my first impression of my house was that of dismay. It was so shabby and depressing looking on the outside and inside it was cold and dark and the kitchen was terribly ugly. And the bathroom... the same tap at the sink was the tap for my bath and it had no shower curtain or anything. But! With a bit of love and opening the shutters it was a whole new room and I think it will do great for the year!


So there you have it! A little piece of my home for you. I had a beautiful walk this morning and it was really warm out although it's still quite cold at night. The cherry blossom should be blooming in about a week which will be gorgeous. Also, I can't see it from where I live but if I got into central Otsuki I can see Mt. Fuji! It's such a beautiful area and I'm looking forward to swimming in the river in summer. I'm off now to meet the first school I'll be teaching at. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm having issues visualizing how your tap for your sink can be the same one for your bath... That just sounds odd.
    But it looks like you've got it looking nice and cozy. :-)
    Enjoy Sara! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete