Sunday, December 18, 2011

The time I gave away my car

So a pretty slow weekend for traveling but let me tell you about the time I gave away my car because someone asked for it.

It all began when I was skyping mom on Saturday morning and the doorbell rang. Thinking it was the postman I sprang to the door to find a man in a blue jumpsuit asking if it would be alright to take my car over there. In Japanese 'over there' can mean anything from ten feet to ten kilometers. Thinking he just needed the spot of whatever and not understanding all the Japanese he was speaking I shrugged and said sure. So he asked for the keys. He looked important enough. Three hours later... still no car. All he had said to me that I could understand in Japanese was please may I have your keys and I'll have it back soon. So time to go to a meeting with no cars. All day all I could do was hope that it was there when I returned and I wasn't conned by the most polite robber in history only to respond as the most polite victim! When I got to the meeting Interac had no idea what was going on and I soothed the panic with promises that it would be home in the evening. When I got home... it had returned to me! Just thought it would have a nice day at the spa I suppose! XD

Sunday was the day I lost my hot water. I woke to my hot water tap not working at all and went out for the day only to return to my poor little thermostat for my water beeping for help! I guess I'd managed to leave the water on when it wasn't working. Well it was working now! Or had been for now it had trained the tank and exhausted the gas in my house leaving me with no stove or shower.

Pretty sure Interac hates me after this weekend! XD One more little week of school and then it's north for a very naked Christmas with the monkeys! As in me and my two friends will spend all Christmas lounging in the hot springs of northern Nagano, sipping Baileys and hot chocolate and watching monkeys frolic in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment