Sunday, June 17, 2012

What happened in June

Tsuyu, rainy season. Lasts several weeks and leaves me feeling perpetually damp. Depending on who you talk to it last until late July but last year we saw blue skies again by Tanabata, July 7. Anyway, needless to say, I'm surrounded by rain and with not many travels planned this post is another hodgepodge of things I've done. Not that they weren't totally enjoyable, I find adventure where I go. First up is a show case of my lovely little garden and it's first strawberry!



And then one Tuesday afternoon I went to one of my favourite schools and they had cancelled classes to plant rice and not wasting a moment I immediately shouted out 'Watashi mo issho ni yaritai desu! I want to do it too!' And they were all like, 'really? 0.o' and I nodded until they agreed and the twenty fifth years and I went up the hill to a neighbours rice field! It was amazing, we got to wade around in the mud and plant rice in the pond!


 

The following weekend Kevin, Chelsea and I went to study Japanese at Aeon Mall in Kofu (and some shopping) and then we met up with the gang in Fujiyoshida to go to this American pub and proceeded to get um... a little bit... intoxicated in a very unsensei fashion. It was a lot of fun and we were celebrating because it was Ken's birthday so it was allowed. It was a total riot and we stumbled back to Chelsea's house to sleep it off. Sunday we woke still a little drunk, as Japan has a zero tolerance to drunk driving policy, we hung out with Chelsea (who is the best hostess in the whole world and made me an omelet and apple pie for breakfast!) and went for a walk. It ended up being the best hang over day as we went to this adorable shrine, hung out on a bridge, fed a shrine horse , had a nap at a park and then went out for delicious hamburgers!


 




Another week of school. I went for a walk by the river to visit my pond of fish, these poor little fish stuck in a pond by the river created by last year's typhoons that is slowly disappearing ;_;, and to watch the fishermen and check out how the hydrangea our doing.



Mmm then it was the weekend again and Chelsea came to visit, our intentions were good: go study Japanese. But I asked if we could go check out this little shrine I'm always passing on my way to school that was just by the cafe, and they agreed. So we go, carrying all our materials, to this little shrine which we explored a bit, chased some lizards and such and then Chelsea found this little bridge leading down to the river. Of course we just left all our stuff and off we were on an hour long adventure of catching tadpoles, jumping rocky gaps, wading through the water, slipping under waters falls, scaling rocky walls, and eating wild berries. Eventually we did stumble in to the cafe to study but we were covered in burrs, mud and a bit of berry juice and wouldn't you know it, it seemed all my students were there! XD! Good fun!


Now it's Sunday, just working out what they day has for me. Maybe a visit to a temple and then Starbucks to write. Back to school tomorrow but this weekend is a real trip! We are going to Yamagata in Tohoku! A new prefecture for me to cross off! I only have like six more to visit and I've done all 47! Ja ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment