Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beginning to look like spring

After a night on the town, it was Ken's moving away to Osaka party, I was in no shape to go to iaido to swing about a pointy sword and concentrate on precise movements. I could hardly get out of bed I was so tired. So nothing says relaxing like a trip to Tokyo. (Note: many things are more relaxing than Tokyo -_-) But off I went anyways, determined to find plum blossoms. So I went to Koishikawa Korakuen. It's this famous garden in central Tokyo that is apparently the oldest and most beautiful and was the personal garden of the Mito lords back in the day. It was very nice, and it's always a cool experience to find oneself in the heart of nature while surrounded by an urban jungle, but I caught it a bit out of season unfortunately. According to the website, it's gorgeous in both cherry blossom season and autumn. It was however an extremely warm day so at least it had that going for it. And the plum blossoms I did see were quite lovely. My favourite aspect was this arched red bridge tucked away in the corner over a little water fixture that was crossed by stepping stones.











So all and all it was a lovely day. It was kinda nice just exploring Tokyo on my own and after the garden and a bit of unsuccessful shopping I found a coffee shop (okay so it was Krispy Kreme) and sat down to write for an hour or so. I rewarded my efforts with a trip to the book store and then home.

No comments:

Post a Comment