Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sayonara Otsuki

So it's the end of the year. Time to say good bye to Otsuki and all my sweet and adorable students. I hope they know how much I have adored and enjoyed them these last two years. I tried not to cry when letters and flowers were given but the warmth of everyone's thank yous were more than I could have ever asked for. At Nishi, they found out that was my last day on the day so they rushed out for most beautiful bouquet of flowers I have ever received. At Nanaho they present me and Mirei with a lovely song. At Kowaze we had an assembly and I through everything I had into my Japanese to convey how amazing those kids were and Mori sensei gave me a beautiful book she made with pictures and notes. And Hatsukari... (oh just writing this is bringing about tears again) I was about to leave on the last day (I had to go pick up dad in Tokyo) when they told me to wait. They planned a party for me with tea and delicious cakes and Jojo sensei put together this fantastic book of pictures and letters! I think my favourite was the one that said: 'Sarah sensei, I always wanted Tuesday to come faster for English.' ,^_^, how did I get so lucky to end up with kids like these?





So on that note, farewell beloved Otsuki. You have very much been my home for two years and have protected me and been kind to me. I loved your children and school and Iwadono san with it's cherry blossoms and magnificent view of Fuji. I loved the little restaurants which only ever sat ten people at a time. I loved seeing my students at the Daiei and the small town feeling. I loved the view from the train over the bridge that looked out at rice fields and the mountains. I loved the monkey bridge and the festivals in Saruhashi with our friends at the little shops. You will be missed Otsuki, but I plan to see you at least once a week still for... I'm just moving to Fujiyoshida!

No comments:

Post a Comment