Friday, April 5, 2013

The only day of spring break

So Dad's gone home and I've moved to Fujiyoshida. Spring break was so busy what with travelling with Dad, packing, moving, paperwork, settling in, meeting new schools and company meetings that it hardly felt like a break at all. That's why when I saw that I actually had the first day off school I totally did the happy dance. It was such a beautiful warm day too. A perfect spring break day. Sheena, Rachel (the new Fujiyoshida ALT that joined us) and I went to Kofu to bask in the glory of peach blossoms. They are like cherry blossoms but pinker! 



 


After the first park we went to Kofu castle where I really wanted to get this shot of the castle park with Fuji in the background but the contrast was a bit off and it wasn't quite the photo of my dreams, still nice though.


Last we went to the fruits park where I had my one and only hanami session this yea under a weeping blossom tree. We hung out there for a long time soaking up the warmth. And while it's not visible in the picture really, the view was spectacular. The valley was carpeted in pink and in the distance behind the hills was Mt. Fuji.




 


Finally, we headed home, refreshed after a bit of spring and ready to start the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment