Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All systems go!

So, after five very long days, I have official word: it's a go for Japan! I just received an email that they want things to return to normal and one of those things would be to bring us over. They said they understood if we wanted to defer or even not go, but assured us they would not put our safety at jeopardy. I'm confident in this company and am excited that they still want me to go!

"Rest assured we will have a position for you and are very keen that you do plan to arrive in Japan as scheduled. We will take every possible course of action necessary to make the start of your ALT experience to be as smooth, safe and secure as possible and this will most likely include changing the Training venue (as supplies and rolling electricity cuts have affected the Narita View Hotel, this is not due to any radiation warning). This does not affect your arrival date or destination."

Therefore, instead of Tokyo I get to go to Osaka! I've never been to Osaka before! So again, I'm looking at this for a chance to have a really amazing experience! Any inconvenience that the change in venue is causing me financially will be covered by Interac, and they will pay again for me to travel again to my final destination in Otsuki that remains sound.

I really feel like I need to just go and experience it for myself. What many of us westerners forget is that Japan is not as small as we think it is. Honshu alone is bigger than Great Britain. Just because the North East coast is devastated does not mean the same for the whole country. I have an understanding that Japan is one to rebuild and recover with strength and I want to be there to help with this process.

I will leave this with a really good link to some perspective in the Japan earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment