Monday, March 28, 2011

Last night in Osaka

It's just now, just as I'm going through my photos so far that it has hit me: I live here. This beautiful country is my home for a year. I can explore the farthest reaches of it if I want or stay in my town and become as familiar with the locals as I can. I can pray every morning at little shrines on my way to work and climb Mt. Fuji on weekends. I can day trip to Tokyo for shopping or drive to Kyoto for history. I can find an onsen in the middle of nowhere and soak in the mountains or wander the paths of a garden. This country is amazing!

On that note, I'm here to show you some pictures so far. I finished my training today and signed my contract. First thing tomorrow morning it is off to Tokyo I go for a night and then to Otsuki to settle. The little shrine tucked between two buildings on the way to training. A few of us hanging out on the grounds of Osaka castle. Some students practicing kendo at a dojo and the Osaka castle reflected in a tea garden pool at sunset.




I'll post more after I've moved in to Otsuki and got settled in! Ja ne minasan!

No comments:

Post a Comment