Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Earthquake 2011

So lots of people have been asking me: "Are you still going to Japan next week?" The answer: sure am! As long as my city still wants me, I still want to go! That being said here is a map showing the damage and Otsuki.
 
 
As awful as it is, the only way to go about this is optimistically. I feel good about going to where I'm needed. I was going with the intention of having an experience and this will be an experience. It will be both a journalistic opportunity and an opportunity to get involved with the people of Japan. It would do me no good to be afraid and anxious. I've never been in a situation like this so I can only go with what I have: strength and energy to deal with how it comes.

I feel that if any country is able to bounce back from this it will be Japan. I've been in contact with people living in Tokyo and they said life is already returning to normal. Japan leads in example as a country that was prepared for this and a country that can recover.

I hope for the best and my prayers are already in Japan lets just hope all goes well and I can follow along next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment